Witamy na Forum Polonii w Dallas!

Starting goaltender Jonathan Bernier suffered a lower-body injury Thursday as the Leafs went on to beat the Boston Bruin

Co mozna robic ciekawego w Dallas, Forth Worth, TX i nie tylko....
wangshi

Starting goaltender Jonathan Bernier suffered a lower-body injury Thursday as the Leafs went on to beat the Boston Bruin

Post autor: wangshi » wt lis 28, 2017 1:53 am

Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Joseph Blandisi Jersey . This week, they discuss the strategy of the CFLPA, the Oilers hiring of Bob Nicholson, the Alouettes firing of offensive coordinator Rick Worman and the U.S. Open. Gary Lawless, TSN Radio - My thumb is down to the ill-fated strategy of the CFLPA and the underwhelming results theyve achieved once again. Disorganized and delusional best describe the players union in this latest CFL labour impasse. Their first offer was inflammatory and unattainable. They followed up with a series of retreats and eventual surrender. The CFLPA has followed the lead of legal counsel Ed Molstad since 1974. Lacking best describes the results. The CFLPA needs to represent its constituency with a spirit of inclusion and a face of diversity. The union must look inward and evolve. Questions must be asked and answered and hard decisions executed. The CFLPA finds itself at the intersection of change and rot. Its time to pick a new route. Steve Simmons, Sun Media - My thumb is up to Edmonton Oilers owner Darryl Katz for going outside the family and hiring Bob Nicholson to oversee everything that is Oiler. This isnt necessarily a hockey move as much as it is a business move but in either area Nicholson is clearly equipped for the challenge. And this is a challenge both in the standings and from what Katz wants from the newly formed business called Oilers Entertainment Group. Sports is no longer about only wins and losses. Its so much about veneer. In Edmonton, there will be a new downtown arena, an area to grow around it, a footprint for the future. When Nicholson took over Hockey Canada, it was a small disorganized operation, lacking in business acumen. He left it as a hockey corporation. The Oilers are fortunate to have him. Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated - My thumb is down to the Alouettes for the firing of offensive coordinator Rick Worman. Three months after coach Tom Higgins hired Worman, he canned him - before Montreal had played an exhibition game. Higgins was right to act sooner rather than later, unlike 2013 when the era of occupationally-challenged head coach Dan Hawkins lasted five games. But the abrupt dismissal speaks to the dysfunction of the franchise, whose owner, Robert Wetenhall, hired Higgins without involving GM Jim Popp. The Alouettes used to stand for quality on the field and steadfastness off it. If the Worman saga is an indication, soon the only thing the Alouettes will stand for is O Canada. Dave Hodge, TSN - My thumb is up to the U.S. Open golf championship, with emphasis on "open". To win the Masters, you have to be invited. To win the Open, you have to qualify, and everyone is eligible to try, which means anyone from anywhere can win. And that creates interest because "anyone" can be someone like 49-year-old Fran Quinn, who put his name on the leaderboard with a first-round 68. Who is Fran Quinn? He has one year of experience on the PGA Tour. Last year? No, 1992. He played in 18 events that year and he missed the cut 12 times. This year, he has played one event - on the Web.com Tour, golfs development league, if you will. Fran Quinn is still playing at Pinehurst - he followed his 68 with rounds of 74 and 79. He wont win. But he had a chance to win. Brian Gibbons Jersey .Heres Ralph the Dog with the crew here at TSN jumping into the James Duthie TradeCentre selfie: Happy to drop by! RT @TSN_Sports: @tsnjamesduthie: Take this Ellen. Dalton Prout Jersey . Some teams got significantly better, some teams divested themselves of talent and some teams had quiet afternoons, keeping the status quo. http://www.nhldevilshockeystore.com/ben-lovejoy-jersey/ . Go to turbozone.ca to see more of his epic work and you can follow him on twitter (@Turbo_Zone). Gaurav Shastri - A tribute to the amazing fan base who stand outside during games at "Jurassic Park" and an unbelievable shot of Paul Pierce fearing a Raptor. TORONTO -- The Toronto Maple Leafs paid a price to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. Starting goaltender Jonathan Bernier suffered a lower-body injury Thursday as the Leafs went on to beat the Boston Bruins 4-3 in overtime. Bernier left the game at 8:22 of the third period favouring his left leg after Leafs defenceman Paul Ranger pushed Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron on top of Torontos goalie. Ranger was assessed a minor penalty for interference on the play and Bernier was replaced by James Reimer, who made 10 saves to record his 12th win of the season. "We were just kind of spinning around, pushing each other in front and he was looking for position," said Ranger of the battle with Bergeron. "I was pushing him around, next thing you know, I just pushed him and he was on top of (Bernier). "I want (Bernier) to be on the ice and on our team. We need him. Hes a key part of us. I hope that everything is OK. I dont know whats going to happen here." Leafs coach Randy Carlyle announced post-game that Bernier would undergo a MRI on Friday. Carlyle declined to say if his starter aggravated a groin injury suffered on Mar. 13 in the Leafs 3-2 win at Los Angeles. "Some times these things happen in hockey," said Ranger. "I just talked to (Bernier), he understands, these things happen some times." Bernier missed five games with the groin injury as the Leaffs went on an 0-5-0 slide while Reimer, who started all five games, posted a 4. Jimmy Hayes Jersey. 22 goals-against average and a .871 save percentage. "When you see a teammate go off accompanied by the training staff, its not good," said Leafs captain Dion Phaneuf. "You feel for him. Hes done so much for our team and hes such a big part of our team. Its a big loss. When we lose him to injury there it was definitely a blow to our team but Reims came in and did a great job for us." Bernier isnt the only health concern with the Maple Leafs as forward Joffrey Lupul did not play Thursday night. Lupul, according to the Leafs, suffered a lower-body injury while playing 18 minutes 32 seconds in the teams 3-2 win over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday. Lupul was replaced by David Clarkson on the teams second unit power play during the teams morning skate Thursday and was the first player off the ice. Lupul received treatment on Wednesday and then again on Thursday, but was deemed not ready for the game against the Bruins. Carlyle called Lupul doubtful for Saturday when Toronto plays host to the Winnipeg Jets. Lupul missed seven games with a groin injury suffered in the Leafs 6-0 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Nov. 25. With the injury to Lupul, the Leafs recalled forward Carter Ashton from the AHLs Toronto Marlies, but he was a healthy scratch in the win over the Bruins. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '