Witamy na Forum Polonii w Dallas!

Defenceman Campoli glad to end up in Mon

Na kazdy temat zwiazany z Polonia....

Moderator: kris_k

sherry2018love

Defenceman Campoli glad to end up in Mon

Post autor: sherry2018love » pt gru 29, 2017 3:41 am

BROSSARD, Que. - Chris Campoli didn't want to leave Chicago but when the Blackhawks walked away, he was quite pleased to move to the Montreal Canadiens.The free agent defenceman skated for the first time with his new team on Tuesday. He will likely see action in pre-season games Thursday night at home and Saturday night in Quebec City against the Tampa Bay Lightning.The Canadiens hope Campoli, who signed a one-year, US$1.75 million contract, will add depth to John Riggins Jersey a defence that may be mi sing Chris Thompson Jersey anchorman Andrei Markov for the regular season opener Oct. 6 in Toronto.''There were other teams calling, but I felt this was the best situation,'' the Toronto native said. ''They want to win, that's important, and I felt I fit in well with this group.''The Blackhawks walked away when Campoli was awarded $2.5 million by an arbitrator. He said Montreal expre sed early interest, but then weren't heard from again until this week.''I was disappointed, it was a good time in Chicago,'' said Campoli, who stayed in shape working out with the junior team in Mi si sauga, Ont. ''But unfortunately, in the salary Will Blackmon Jersey cap era, this is what you're seeing.''It strains the middle salary guys and that's what you saw. The number didn't work out for Chicago.''Campoli joined his fourth team in his seventh NHL season. He was drafted by the New York Islanders 227th overall in 2004 and traded to Ottawa in 2009 and to Chicago in February.Markov is coming off his second major surgery on the same knee in two seasons. He had a setback before the start of training camp and, while he is skating, has not been able to practice or play in any Sua Cravens Jersey games.Another top offensive rearguard, P.K. Subban, has played only one exhibition game. He is believed to have a back problem, but he is practising.