Witamy na Forum Polonii w Dallas!

different, more confident s

Polskie organizacje w Dallas, Polski Kosciol, Polonia w Texasie ... Polish organization in Dallas area / Polish Church

Moderator: kris_k

panxing18

different, more confident s

Post autor: panxing18 » pn sie 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Chris Davis is feeling ”calm and easy” at the plate.

His big swings are making the Baltimore Orioles feel like winners again.

One day after hitting a drought-breaking homer Cheap Customized New York Giants Jerseys , Davis belted a three-run double and Mark Trumbo hit a first-inning grand slam to power the Orioles to a 7-5 win over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday.

Davis worked on his swing for almost two weeks before returning to the lineup on Friday with his first homer since May 9, and he added more momentum to his renewed confidence with his big fifth-inning double high off the right-center wall.

”I feel a lot better,” Davis said. ”I feel like I’m getting there. I’m starting to get that calm and easy feel, seeing the ball a little bit better and putting some good swings on the ball.”

Dylan Bundy (6-7) allowed two runs and seven hits in 6 1/3 innings while improving to 3-0 in June. One day after allowing four runs and recording only one out, Zach Britton pitched around a one-out walk to Johan Camargo in the ninth to earn his first save.

The last-place Orioles have won four of six.

AL East-leading Atlanta dropped its third consecutive game. Julio Teheran (5-5) allowed a season-high seven runs in 4 2/3 innings.

Trumbo’s homer was his fourth in his last six games. He has seven homers this season after missing April with a right quad strain.

Nick Markakis, who spent his first nine seasons with Baltimore, drove in three runs for Atlanta, including a two-run double off Donnie Hart in the seventh.

Ozzie Albies had four hits for the Braves, including an infield single off Mychal Givens in the eighth that sent Charlie Culberson to third base. Givens’ errant pickoff throw to first base allowed Culberson to score, cutting Baltimore’s lead to 7-5. Givens walked Freddie Freeman before striking out Markakis to end the inning.

The Orioles led 4-0 before Teheran recorded an out. Colby Rasmus walked Anthony Miller Jersey , Adam Jones doubled and Manny Machado walked before Trumbo hit a drive to center field.

”I think the two walks in the first inning got me in trouble and I couldn’t get out,” Teheran said.

Trumbo took a called third strike from Teheran with the bases loaded in the fifth. Davis followed with his double for a 7-1 lead.

”The bases-loaded double was the big one … that really hurt.” Braves manager Brian Snitker said.

There was a 20-minute rain delay before Hart entered the game in the seventh.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Orioles: Manager Buck Showalter said OF Trey Mancini (stiff neck) needed another day before returning to the lineup. He struck out as a pinch hitter on Friday night and was held out of the lineup for the third straight game.

Braves: Closer Arodys Vizcaino was again unavailable due to a sore right shoulder. He felt more discomfort while throwing in the outfield before the game. Snitker said he hopes Vizcaino feels better on Sunday, but the team could soon face a decision on placing the right-hander on the DL.

BEATING THE BRAVES

The Orioles have won the first two games of the interleague series. Baltimore has won seven straight over Atlanta, including a three-game sweep at Camden Yards in the teams’ last series in 2015.

ROSTER MOVES

Each team needed a fresh arm in its bullpen following Friday’s night’s 15-inning game. The Orioles recalled Hart, a left-hander, from Triple-A Norfolk. Hart relieved Bundy in the seventh and allowed two runs without recording an out. Infielder Steve Wilkerson was optioned to Norfolk.

The Braves recalled right-hander Lucas Sims from Triple-A Gwinnett and optioned outfielder Preston Tucker to Gwinnett.

UP NEXT

Orioles: RHP David Hess will look to recover after allowing five runs in each of his last two starts against Washington and Boston. He is 0-2 in his last four starts.

Braves: RHP Brandon McCarthy is 2-2 with a 4.28 ERA in 10 career appearances, including eight starts, against Baltimore.

Artie Burns and Joe Haden don't believe the Pittsburgh Steelers have a clear-cut No. 1 cornerback.

The two feel they share that role.

Haden has been a top cornerback in the league throughout his career and Burns, a 2016 first-round pick, feels like he's starting to come into his own as he enters his third season. The two hope a full offseason and training camp together can help a young group of Steelers defensive backs regain some swagger.

"Right now Cheap Sam Darnold Jersey , I'm just trying to show him the way I go about my business," Haden said. "Training camp is one of the biggest spots where we can see growth and we can see what the offseason did."

Haden spent his first seven pro seasons in Cleveland. He feels an entire spring of organized team activities and minicamp with Burns and the Steelers will only prove beneficial as the team works through training camp and the preseason.

"I'm trying to understand the whole defense, not just the corners and safety, but also the linebackers and defensive linemen," Haden said. "I'm just trying to get the whole system from the ground up and get an overall grasp of the defense."

Cleveland released Haden on the eve of the 2017 regular season and the Steelers immediately acted. They quickly signed the two-time Pro Bowl cornerback with the hope he could give a young secondary an instant jolt.

"Having a veteran guy in your room that got to the level everybody wants to get to," Burns said, "you kind of sit back and think that you can learn from him to get to that point."

The Steelers did just that last season.

Pittsburgh ranked 16th against the pass in 2016, but Haden provided a necessary boost as the Steelers ended fifth in passing yards allowed. A 45-point outburst by Jacksonville in the AFC divisional playoff marred an otherwise strong season.

"I think the communication was the biggest thing for us, just no blown coverages," Haden said. "In the Jacksonville game Colts Braden Smith Jersey , there were a couple times where people were just running free. We have the ability, we have the players, we just have to be on the same page and make sure everybody's covering their man."

That has been the focus for Burns. He has carried a noticeably different, more confident swagger during training camp practices. He's still locked into regular one-on-one practice battles with four-time All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown, a daily matchup Burns welcomes.

"Ever since I got here it's been a battle with (Brown)," Burns said. "It's just something I expect from myself. I don't even request it. I just step up, we go at it and go to work."

It has already paid off for the third-year cornerback.

Burns jumped Brown's slant route during the team's first padded practice and picked off Landry Jones's pass in the end zone. He also jumped a Ben Roethlisberger pass and came up with an interception that would've been returned for a touchdown.

Burns said that sort of intuition comes with experience.

"You can feel the speed of the receiver," Burns said. "A play can only go for so long, so once you figure out the timing of it, that's when you have a chance to make a play on the ball."

Burns seeks similar game-changing plays alongside Haden in the secondary this season.

"(Haden) is helping us in certain situations that he has already been put in before Youth Harrison Phillips Jersey ," Burns said. "That's what Joe is doing for us."

NOTES: Coach Mike Tomlin said Brown was sent to Pittsburgh to be evaluated for a "minor, day-to-day" injury. Brown missed the previous two practices with his undisclosed injury. Tomlin wouldn't say what sort of injury. ... S Morgan Burnett (hamstring), Sean Davis (groin), T.J. Watt (hamstring), Vance McDonald (foot) and Alejandro Villanueva (undisclosed) also missed practice on Thursday.