Witamy na Forum Polonii w Dallas!

lives were intensely busy

Polskie organizacje w Dallas, Polski Kosciol, Polonia w Texasie ... Polish organization in Dallas area / Polish Church

Moderator: kris_k

lasky1994

lives were intensely busy

Post autor: lasky1994 » wt gru 26, 2017 12:40 am

“I was intimidated at first,” Lynn recalls. “Dave was very, very smart, but also just a very good, kind, down-to-earth man, a slippers-and-newspaper kind of guy, who wasn’t impressed with himself at all. He loved politics and I loved becoming part of his world in Washington. I remember helping to host Elliot Richardson—HEW Secretary at the time—at Dave’s apartment for cocktails. Our lives were intensely busy and wonderfully exciting.”

The couple married a year after meeting. Before the Nike Air Huarache Damen Watergate scandal hit, the University of Oregon Nike Air Max 2015 Mens recruited Dave to serve as legal counsel for its president and to teach at its law school. Lynn was offered a caseworker position in the state’s Children’s Services Division. “We both loved the outdoors and we both loved Oregon,” Lynn says. “We decided to move back home.”

It was an auspicious time for the state. “The Oregon Way” was taking Nike Air Force 1 Femme shape, with nationally recognized advances in land use, environmental protection, recycling, and urban planning. A remarkable core of political leaders emerged, centrist Republicans such as Senator Mark Hatfield and Governor Tom McCall, who blended progressive activism and conservative restraint. Dave entered the political arena with a similar philosophy, eventually serving three terms as a state representative and three terms Nike Air Max 90 Dame Blomster as Oregon attorney general and www.celadia.es narrowly losing the 1990 election for governor. He then left politics to serve as dean and professor at the University of Oregon School of Law and, Nike Air Huarache Womens from 1994 to 2009, as the university president. Both visionary and Pragmatist, with a gift for finding common ground, Dave defined himself as a “moderate-to-liberal Republican.”