Witamy na Forum Polonii w Dallas!

Khudobin, beaten 1-0 by the New York Rangers on Sunday,

Ogolnie o tym forum

Moderator: kris_k

wangshi

Khudobin, beaten 1-0 by the New York Rangers on Sunday,

Post autor: wangshi » sob gru 02, 2017 12:20 am

NEW YORK -- Stuck in a batting slump all week, the New York Mets seemed unlikely to even get a hit. Ben Gibson Jersey . Scoring? That looked downright impossible. Yet somehow, they rallied. The Mets suddenly struck for three runs in the ninth inning against Philadelphias makeshift bullpen minus closer Jonathan Papelbon, then ended a five-game skid by beating the Phillies 5-4 Sunday on Ruben Tejadas single in the 11th. "Desperate? You can call it desperate if you want to, but we have to stay positive," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "I dont know, standing on the edge of the cliff probably is a better way to describe it." Down 4-1 with only three outs left, the punchless Mets fought back, sparked by Daniel Murphys two-run homer. Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said Papelbon was sore and unavailable to pitch in a third straight game. "The daily grind of the season," Papelbon said. "Its just kind of a product of the last couple of games." Lefty reliever Antonio Bastardo and Roberto Hernandez -- who started Friday night -- quickly let the Phillies lead slip away. In the 11th, Chris Young opened with an infield single, barely beating the flip from second baseman Chase Utleys glove. The Mets sent up pitcher Zack Wheeler as a pinch-hitter, and he put down a perfect sacrifice bunt that moved Young to second. Juan Lagares drew an intentional walk and Anthony Recker loaded with the bases with another infield hit stopped by diving third baseman Reid Brignac. Tejada won it with one out, hitting a sharp single to left-centre against Jeff Manship (1-1). Tejadas teammates chased him down in short right field to celebrate. "It feels pretty good after a rough week for me and the team," said Tejada, who recently lost his starting job at shortstop. Scott Rice (1-1) got Brignac on a grounder with two runners on to finish the 11th. Held to a total of nine runs in their previous five games, the Mets began their comeback in the ninth when Eric Young Jr. led off with a double and Murphy followed with a home run that made it 4-3. Chris Young ended his 0-for-18 slump by hitting a one-out double off the wall, and Hernandez emerged from the bullpen -- he threw 99 pitches in the series opener. Pinch-hitter Bobby Abreu singled off the glove of a diving Utley, and a slow grounder by Lagares drove in the tying run. When Tejada came up in the 11th, he said he had one thought in mind: "Finish the game." The Mets comeback denied Cole Hamels his elusive first win of the year and the 100th of his career. He struck out 10 in seven innings while throwing a whopping 133 pitches, the most by any major leaguer since San Franciscos Tim Lincecum tossed 148 in his no-hitter last July 13. The Mets started quickly when Young Jr. led off with a single and stole second, Murphy walked and David Wright hit an RBI single. NOTES: A day after making his debut, the Mets Eric Campbell singled for his first big league hit. ... Jonathon Niese struck out twice, leaving Mets pitchers 0 for 63 at the plate this year. ... The four-game Subway Series begins Monday night at Yankee Stadium with Mets RHP Bartolo Colon (2-5, 5.36 ERA) facing RHP Hiroki Kuroda (2-3, 4.43). The teams play twice in the Bronx before shifting across town for two more at Citi Field. The Mets went 4-0 against the Yankees last year. ... Lefty-hitting Curtis Granderson didnt start vs. Hamels, but Collins said the outfielder would be in the lineup Monday night. It will be Grandersons first game in the Bronx since leaving the Yankees in the off-season, signing with the Mets and saying: "A lot of the people Ive met in New York have always said that true New Yorkers are Mets fans." ... Several players swung pink bats on Mothers Day to support the fight against breast cancer. In keeping with the days theme, Mets reliever Carlos Torres asked the team to play the hip-hop song "Dear Mama" by the late Tupac Shakur over the PA system if he got into the game Sunday. Torres didnt pitch. ... It was Bark at the Park Day to support pet rescue and adoption. Many fans brought their dogs for a pregame parade around the warning track. Not barking was longtime Mets hot dog vendor Willie B, popular for his loud woofing in the second deck. He said his back was hurting, so he was carrying a lighter tray of pretzels. Real dogs are allowed to sit with their owners in the right-field porch at these Bark events -- on those days, Willie B says he instead refers to his usual wares as "frankfurters, out of respect." Charles Barkley Jersey . Louis Cardinals on Sunday afternoon; a brief, poor outing that served to highlight two trends that have developed this season. James Milner Jersey . They named Mark Washington as their defensive co-ordinator on Thursday and appear to be closing in on an offensive co-ordinator. http://www.englandsoccerauthority.com/m ... nd-jersey/ . 98 jersey in a game yet, and already its a big seller.NEWARK, N.J. - Anton Khudobin finally got a much-needed win and so did the Carolina Hurricanes.Chris Terry scored the only goal of the shootout and Khudobin came up big late in winning for the first time this season as the goal-starved Hurricanes defeated the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Tuesday night.I wasnt frustrated at all, but it was a tough time for me, Khudobin said after stopping 18 shots and three more in the shootout to improve to 1-8-2 this season. I was just trying to focus on my game and trying to get the win. It had been a long time, almost three months. It wasnt like the hockey gods didnt want me to get a win. But Im happy it happened. I thought that maybe it wasnt going to happen this year.Ron Hainsey scored in the third period to tie the game for Carolina, which won for only the second time in 10 games (2-7-1). The Hurricanes have just 13 goals during that stretch and Hainseys appeared to go in off his leg on a night when Carolina fired 33 shots at Cory Schneider.The first 5 to 10 minutes of the third period, we carried the play, so if youre doing that, you have a good chance to get the equalizer, Hainsey said. We were getting good shots. Schneider just kept making saves.Hainsey had a chance to win the game in overtime on a breakaway after serving a penalty that carried into the extra session. He skated in alone on Schneider but shot the puck into the goalies pads.Khudobin, beaten 1-0 by the New York Rangers on Sunday, kept the Hurricanes in the game in overtime, stopping Adam Henrique right in front with roughly 4 seconds to go. The goalie then denied Scott Gomez, Mike Cammalleri and Henrique in the shootout before Terry beat Schneider with a forehand.Stephen Gionta scored for the Devils, who are 3-8-5 in their last 16 games. Schneider made 32 saves.I know that no one wants to hear excuses and I am not going to make any, but I am definitely not going to throw our guys under the bus, said DDevils coach Pete DeBoer, who had seven regulars out with injuries or illness. Danny Welbeck Jersey. Guys are trying. Its unfortunate we didnt get two points. Our goaltender was excellent. We need to regroup and get some bodies back.Carolina, which came into the third period with a 21-8 shots advantage, tied the game on its 29th shot. Defenceman Andrej Sekera took a shot from the left point that hit off the leg of Hainsey and went in for his first goal of the season.Gionta gave the Devils the lead at 13:32 of the first period with a shot on a counterattack that appeared to hit off the stick of Hurricanes defenceman Michal Jordan and eluded Khudobin.The Hurricanes dominated the second period, outshooting New Jersey 15-3, only to be denied by Schneider. His best save came in the closing minutes with a glove stop on Brandan Woods from point-blank range after a point shot ended up on the forwards stick between the circles.Woods was making his NHL debut after starting the season in Charlotte (AHL).Khudobin was stellar in the third period. He stopped Tuomo Ruutu twice, Henrique once and later made a big stop against Jon Merrill with New Jersey on a late power play.We wanted to finish strong before the break, so were disappointed for sure, Cammalleri said. We need a big second half for sure.Schneider almost stole a game from Carolina for the second time. He stopped 39 shots in a 2-1 New Jersey win on Dec. 8.NOTES: Ruutu got an assist on Giontas goal, his first point in 15 games. ... Gomez played in his 999th NHL game. ... Cammalleri returned to the lineup after missing four games with a lower-body injury. ... Hurricanes captain Eric Staal has one goal in his last 15 games. ... After missing eight games with the mumps, Devils D Adam Larsson returned to the lineup for the first time since Dec. 2. ...Devils forwards Patrik Elias and Martin Havlat were ill and did not play. They are being tested for mumps. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '